Blogging using Windows Live Writer
What is Windows Live Writer (WLW)?
WLM has lots of features which Microsoft hopes for a better blogging experience.
Feature of WLM:
- WYSIWYG Authoring – you know exactly how your post will look before you publish it
- Photo Publishing – inserting, customising of photos and also uploading (FTP)
- Map Publishing – insert a Windows Live Local map into your post
- Writer SDK – permits developers to the following content types
- images from online photo publishing sites
- embedded video or audio players
- product thumbnails and/or links from e-commerce sites
- tags from tagging services
- Compatibility – WLM not only a client for Windows Live Spaces but works with other weblogs like blogger, LiveJournal, Typepad, WordPress and mine: Drupal
How I setup WLM to work with my blog??
I simply followed this walkthrough and followed the wizard:
Blogging with WLM-personal experience:
- I can now save a local draft before publishing online.
- I can blog whilst previewing in: 1) Web Layout (F11) 2) Web Preview (F12) 3) HTML code (Shift + F11)
- Video insertion is easy!
- Windows Live Maps is cool!!!
Dr. House: Sex Machine
- So bloggers, why not give a try to Windows Live Writer?