In the Lounge: Music Prodigy- DJ Wad
Welcome to the first edition of In the Lounge. Camera, Lights and Action!
Passing nearby your vicinity, with the loud sound decibels ready to pierce one’s eardrums, anyone would know that there’s is a ‘DJ at Work’. Can you give us a brief bio of your Deejaying passion?
First of all let me introduce myself. My name is Awad Jeeawody aka DJ WAD. Born on 18 july 1988 in Mauritius. My musical journey in Production as well as Djing took-off since year 2000. I started producing dance music at a very early age. And as being a passionate of Trance/Progressive music, i began to create music on my own style. My clubbing experience began at 17. Seeing the crowd cheering and enjoying my sounds really filled me with great satisfaction.
I began developing new mixing skills for which i was really being encouraged to go beyond by other dj’s. As being a Resident DJ at Technoktatz Music Entertainment, DJ WAD played at several night-clubs and discotheques all over Mauritius. I had even being booked to play in Germany (Radio Basslover). Thus, i had a fame by my prestigious skills in musical indutry. My debut album (DJ WAD – New Generation Music) was released on 2007 signed by Harbour Music Production which really supported me in my work. A new style of music which immensely caught the attention of local consumers. DJ WAD is also featured on several local compilations [SEGA MANIA, HARBOUR BEAT etc. . .] After that great sucess, i decided to go above and beyong all make international releases. My first international release DJ WAD – REFLECTIONS EP signed by a Slovakian Label namely 4Beat Records. A great uplifting Trance work which really made my way wide open in the international dance floor. After that i had several singles and EP’s releases namely: DJ WAD – I Dream (Bistronica Records), DJ WAD – Euphotek Edition EP (4Beat Records), DJ WAD – The Evolution EP (Phat Groove Records), DJ WAD – I Dream 2009 Remix (4Beat Records) and my recent an latest release , DJ WAD – Euphotek Evolution 2010 (Stone Flow Records)
My great skills in producing music caught the attention of several international producers and label owners. . . I had several contracts from artists to have my remix track featured on their release. DJ WAD tunes gain lots of success and can be heard on several world wide radios. The fame and reputation acquired by myself, made me become a self-made DJ/PRODUCER who’s got lots and loads of supports from international DJ’s and Producers. . . .
What is your current occupation and what are your hobbies you enjoy doing?
– Well my current occupation is being a fully success DJ/Producer as well as being a label owner and artist promoter. My hobbies i really enjoy is first of all spending my time at the studio doing experiments of new sounds as well as enjoying the music. Beyond that there’s also being an amateur of fast growing technologies, car tuning and racing.
What are your major milestones (live event, albums etc.) as a DJ/Producer.
– Well for my gigs, i played in several night-clubs mostly in Mauritius itself and abroad as well included several massive events. I’ll keep my fans up-to-date with my massive trance/progressive sounds as i love my fans, i love my music and expecting to promote my sounds worldwide as well as in Mauritius. . . I already had 6 album releases as well as several remixes and compilations. . .
Sort the below DJ names according to your favourite:
– Armin Van Buuren, Tiësto, Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Gareth Emery, Richard Durand, Ronski Speed, Sied Van Riel, Leon Bolier, Daniel Kandi, Above and Beyond, Aly and Fila, Andy Blueman, Andy Moor, Ashley Wallbridge, Cosmic Gate, Estiva, Fabio XB, Filo & Peri, Kyau and Albert, Heatbeat, Jochen Miller, Orjan Nilsen, Lens, Marcel Woods, Marco V, Marcus Schossow, Markus Schulz, MoonBeam, Mr. Pit, Paul Miller, Robert Nickson, Roger Shah, Sean Tyas, Simon Patterson, Store N Forward, Temple One, The Thrillseekers, Alex M.O.R.P.H, and many others. . . .
Can you describe an unforgettable NightLife that you’ve been ?
– My unforgettable NightLife, i must say that each and every gig i have, all of them are great with huge crowd where i really feel myself satisfied. But the most wonderful gig i have had is at: The Mauritius Tuning Show. Thsi event is really massive for me. Had 2 days live set, with massive sounds by my crew R & R sounds and Technokratz Music Entertainement.
Your Favourite Software(s)?
– The softwares i use are all my favorites as they do great and massive work. Let me list some of them: Cubase, Reason, Cool Edit, Wave Lab, Fruity loops Studio, Platinum Notes, Ableton Live, Sound Forge, T-Racks, V-Stacks, and of course lots and loads of Vst’s and Plugins.
Your Favourite Bookmarks (Links to Online Digital Download Stores)
– Well here are links to some of me favourite download stores where my releases can be downloaded:
For more online digital download stores, Just search for DJ WAD on google.com or any search engines.
Finally, what do you aspire to become in 5 years from now?
– Well what i’m expecting near futur is obviously become a successful DJ/Producer. And little by little i reaching the top level as well as a massive increase for FANS of DJ WAD.
Visit DJ WAD online :
The Dj List: