FIFA World Cup 2010 Marketing in Mauritius
FIFA 2010 World Cup South Africa Starts as from 11 June 2010 to end 11 July 2010. The football mania is over here in Mauritius with crazy promotion on LCD TV and Furniture. Specially for furniture, we have the leader of the Political Party – Party Malin featuring in local ads. You can subscribe on Courts Mauritius YouTube Channel to enjoy the one and only speech ‘Kozer Lepep’!!
The website is powered by SPIP CMS : Système de Publication pour l’Internet Partagé (SPIP). I have been acquainted with this CMS as being the CMS by French developers, adding it to the list of products created by French guys like: Symfony framework or Merise software engineering methodology. The visual aspects of the design of the website looks nice and appealing. One stuff I would like to ask the developers guys of the website, Agence Adplay is what about enabling clean URLs in the site?
To promote footworld.mu, a campaign – FootWorld Challenge is active with the first prize: a Panasonic LCD Screen (Rs. 17 000)
No doubt, Football generates the kind of loyalty and passion that marketers can only dream about. Soccer’s World Cup was garners a cumulative TV audience of 40 billion.
The 2006 World Cup stands as one of the most watched events in television history, garnering an estimated 26.29 billion non-unique viewers, compiled over the course of the tournament. So with the 2010 World cup coming, the estimated audience can be higher..
Let’s review a bit the local marketing campaigns exploiting the soccer theme. The local ads feature from different sources, some of them namely:
- Canal Sat Maurice – Canal+ La Coupe Du monde de la FIFA 2010 (100% HD) – no installation and access fee
- Parabole Maurice – Vivez La Magie du Coupe Du Monde
- Orange Street Foot – Football lor koltar and chance of winning tickets for quarter finals of FIFA
- Skyworth Decoder promotion – pemitting you to save the match on SD Card/ USB
- DVD Home Cinema, LCD TV HD Ready 32″ Package
- Score With Galaxy Promotion campaign on LCD TVs
- HiSense- Buy One Get One Free Promotion
- Hotels welcoming soccer fans for promotional prices for their rooms on half-board basis.
- Widescreens – eg. Blacksteer offering drinks and snacks for half-prices/free
and many more campaigns to come..
So let’s watch the evolution of the Football Mania campaigns….
In the meanwhile, enjoy FIFA 2010 Game:
Nice feel of the look of the stadiums in the game.