Microsoft Mauritius – Windows Azure Bootcamp 2014
Welcome to Global Windows Azure Bootcamp! On Saturday, March 29, 2014 we are out to make some records!
With over 130 confirmed locations around the globe, the Global Windows Azure Bootcamp is going to be a truly memorable event – and now here’s your chance to take part!
In April of 2013 we held the first Global Windows Azure Bootcamp at more than 90 locations around the globe! This year we want to again offer up a one day deep dive class to help thousands of people get up to speed on discovering Cloud Computing Applications for Windows Azure. In addition to this great learning opportunity the hands on labs will feature pooling a huge global compute farm to perform diabetes research!
In Mauritius, the event will be organised by Microsoft Indian Ocean Islands & French Pacific in partnership with The Mauritius Software Craftsmanship Community (MSCC) and sponsored by Ceridian, Emtel & Microsoft
Venue: Cyber Tower I, Ebene, 1st Floor, Auditorium
Date : 29th March 2014
Time: 09:30 – 17:00
|Want to attend?
Register at http://aka.ms/gwabmru
What do I need to bring?
You will need to bring your own computer which can run Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 (i.e. Windows, OSX, Ubuntu with virtualization, etc.) and have it preloaded with the following:
- Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 – trial http://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs
- The Windows Azure SDK from http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/
Optionally (or if you will not be doing just .NET labs), the following can also be installed:
- Node.js SDK – http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/nodejs/
- JAVA SDK – http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/java/
- Doing mobile? Android? iOS? Windows Phone or Windows 8? – http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/mobile/
- PHP – http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/php/
More info here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/documentation
Please do the installation upfront as there will be very little time to troubleshoot installations during the day.